This classic 4 day romantic Botswana Honeymoon Safari takes in the beauty and romance of the permanent area of the Okavango Delta, providing enduring memories that will last a life time.
Okavango Delta Honeymoon Experience
This Botswana honeymoon safari experience is spent at what is arguably the most beautiful and intimate place in the Okavango Delta. Situated on an island in the permanent Delta you spend your time cruising the lagoons and channels of this magnificent place.
The clear night skies and the sounds of nocturnal creatures provide the perfect backdrop to your special romantic safari to Botswana. The activities are water-based, so remote is this area. Boat cruises and exploring the channels in canoes adds to the intrigue of your African safari getaway.
For a bit of excitement, walks are done on the islands with a professional guide. This is a great way to get close to nature and discover the smaller details of your beautiful surroundings.
Okavango Delta Honeymoon Highlights
- Romantic touches throughout
- Fully inclusive of all flights, transfers, meals, drinks and activities
- Easily customisable and combinable with other Southern Africa Honeymoon highlights
- Stay in a small and intimate camp in the permanent Okavango Delta
- All activities are conducted by professional and experienced guides
- Navigate through the tranquil waterways by dug-out canoe (mokoro) and motorboat
- Explore the nearby islands on foot
- Spectacular birding especially during the summer months
Day 1: Light aircraft flight over the Okavango Delta
On arrival in Maun, you will be met transferred to your bush lodge in the Delta by light aircraft, with the tapestry of the landscape below you providing the perfect introduction to this romantic Botswana honeymoon safari. The permanent Delta is a place of islands, channels and forests all woven together in an inspiring visual feast.
There will be time for a leisurely cruise before sundowners and a candlelit dinner under clear African stars.
Day 2 - 3: Explore the Okavango Delta waterways
Your day starts with a wake-up call and tea or coffee before you enjoy breakfast on the edge of a large lagoon while listening to the African day come alive. You may choose to go on a boat cruise or mokoro ride. Another option is to add a little adventure to your African honeymoon safari and walk on one of the islands.
During the midday and early afternoon, you can relax at the bush lodge or in your room, taking your lunch at leisure, before the afternoon activity to explore more of the area. The Delta nights are special, with the sounds of the nocturnal creatures lulling you to sleep.
Day 4: Return to Maun for your onward journey
Today there may be time for an activity or you may choose to relax and sleep in before breakfast and your trip to the airstrip for your flight back to Maun to connect with your flight onwards.
- Return scheduled flights from/to Johannesburg and Maun
- Air and road transfers from/to Maun and safari lodge
- Luxury thatched chalet accommodation featuring private shaded game viewing deck with lagoon facing views
- All meals including light breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Local branded drinks including tea, coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, wine and spirits
- Guided nature walks on various islands offering you an intimate encounter with nature and wildlife that inhabit the Okavango Delta wilderness
- Water based activities including motorised boating and traditional mokoro canoe excursions through the Okavango Delta waterways
- Seasonal fishing for bream and tiger fish on a catch and release basis
- Laundry service
- Park fees and emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Optional activities
- Premium branded drinks and all other extras to be settled direct