Wilderness Safari | Okavango Delta, Savute Channel & Livingstone
Wilderness Safari Experience
Be captivated as you make your way through the most dramatic areas of Botswana including Savute and the Okavango, and the exquisite landscapes of Livingstone in Zambia. Witness teeming wildlife from the privacy of your window as you travel from destination to destination via light aircraft. Enjoy the most peaceful slumber at world-class safari lodges and camps and enjoy the amenities on offer.
Sail through the intricate channels of the Okavango Delta and immerse yourself in the exquisite sightings of hippo and elephant. Venture on thrilling morning game drives and late afternoon bush cruises in search of predators and mammals alike. Savour mouthwatering dinners outdoors under brilliant clear night skies and let the magic of this wilderness steal into your heart.
Wilderness Safari Highlights
- Light aircraft transfers to wilderness airstrips
- Unforgettable mokoro safaris through the intricate channels of Okavango Delta
- Thrilling game drives to track predators and mammals
- Romantic safari dining along the river bank
- Fishing adventures in the mighty Zambezi River
- Witness the Victoria Falls in all its glory
Day 1: Fly into the Okavango DeltaView Lodge
You will arrive in time for lunch and then you can relax and watch wildlife flock around the lush vegetation to take a sip from the delta.
Discover the delta at this water-based paradise island on an unforgettable mokoro excursion. Dinner is served in the stunning dining room, where you can relax and indulge in a mouthwatering meal and fine wine.
Day 2: Okavango DeltaView Lodge
The early mornings are the best time for game drives as the nocturnal creatures are slowly replaced on the African tableau by diurnal creatures. In the afternoon you can explore the delta on a boat cruise and lose yourself in this birdwatcher's paradise. Expect a magical night dining in the boma.
Day 3: Grassy Plains of LinyantiView Lodge
Embark on an epic afternoon game drive to track an abundance of predators. If you are lucky, you can witness the Great Migration of East Africa as thousands of zebra run freely through the grassy plains.
Share your wonderful sightings over drinks and enjoy a delicious meal in the dining room. Dose off into a peaceful slumber in your meru-style tent.
Day 4 & 5: Explore the Savute ChannelView Lodge
Along with your guide you will track down predators of Linyanti and watch as they stalk their prey. Be on the lookout for kudu, impala, hyena, lion and many more.
After breakfast you can spend the afternoon at leisure and enjoy sightings of colourful bird. An action-packed afternoon game drive gives you a chance to spot nocturnal animals and a chance to witness the African sunset.
Day 6: Travel to Livingstone View Lodge
Upon arrival, enjoy a refreshing drink and relax after your long journey. Sip a cocktail on a tranquil afternoon boat cruise and observe hippo, crocodile and elephant as the African sun descends.
Day 7: Smoke that ThundersView Lodge
If you still want to witness wildlife you haven't spotted yet, you can venture on yet another a game drive of Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
Discover the myriad of Tilapia that swims the Zambezi River on catch-and-release fishing excursion. Witness the smoke and thunders of the Victoria Falls on a lovely tour. Celebrate your last evening in the rugged African wilderness with a mouthwatering meal in the dining tent.
Day 8: Farewell to AfricaThe time has come to say farewell. Try to squeeze in one last activity before packing your bags and hearty breakfast.
After a delicious breakfast you will be transfer to Livingstone Airport to board your flight to Johannesburg.
Rates & Prices
- Scheduled flights from/to Johannesburg, Maun and Livingstone
- Light aircraft transfers between camps and airports
- Road transfers from/to airports and airstrips in Botswana and Zambia
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Xigera Camp in the Okavango Delta
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Savuti Camp along the Savute Channel in Linyanti
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Toka Leya Camp in Livingstone
- All meals including light breakfast, brunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- Local branded drinks including tea, coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, beers, spirits & liquors and house wines
- Day and night game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles accompanied by experienced game rangers
- Mokoro (dug-out canoe) excursions along the delta waterways
- Motor boat safaris exploring the floodplains and lagoons bringing you closer to water-based wildlife (water level dependent)
- Sunset river cruises and river safaris along the Zambezi River
- Livingstone town tour to visit local museum, cultural village, markets and shops
- Guided tour of the magnificent Victoria Falls on the Zambian side
- Fishing on a catch and release basis (seasonal)
- Light laundry service
- Park and conservation fees
- Optional activities such as white water rafting, bungee jumping, canoeing, quad biking, bridge tours, island trips and horse riding
- Nominal park fees for fishing excursions
- Premium branded drinks and all other extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions