Untamed Botswana Safari | Chobe & Okavango Delta
Untamed Botswana Safari Experience:
Experience rugged and untouched Botswana in every way imaginable during this untamed Botswana safari. Here elephant, buffalo, zebra and other antelope flocks in abundance, and predators are always on the prowl. Get a taste of the action on thrilling game drives as you venture out into the wilderness in open safari vehicles. Exhilarating walking safaris will allow you to discover smaller aspects of African wildlife.
By combining personalised service with warm, friendly and experienced staff you will truly feel looked after for the next 7 days. Enjoy a peaceful night’s rest at small, intimate camps and lodges after an exhausting day of chasing after wild game. Allow the sounds of the nocturnal choir to put you into a deep slumber, as you recharge for the next day’s adventures.
Untamed Botswana Safari Highlights:
- Stay in small and intimate camp and lodge
- Owner run allowing for personalised service by friendly and experienced staff
- Experience untouched Botswana on open safari vehicle game drives
- See rare nocturnal wildlife during a evening spotlight safari
- Get up and close to the smaller aspects of African wildlife during a walking safari
- Cruise down the Chobe River watching the animals come down to the river for their evening drink
- Glide through the Delta waterways in a dug-out canoe (water level dependent)
Day 1: Start your Untamed Botswana SafariView Lodge
A road transfer will take you from the airport to the enchanting Chobe Forest Reserve, where you will spend two comfortable nights in Muchenje Safari Lodge.
This side of Chobe National Park is much quieter and far away from crowds. Embark on thrilling game drives in open safari vehicles in the company of experienced guides and trackers for an unforgettable introduction to the African wilderness.
Day 2: Meet the Gentle Giants of AfricaView Lodge
Chobe is home to one of the largest concentrations of wildlife on the African continent. Lions, leopards, wild dogs and antelope aside, the Chobe National Park is home to the largest continuously surviving elephant population, perhaps the largest concentration of these majestic mammals on the continent.
An estimated 50,000 Elephants can be found here, among a plethora of smaller animal species, in Botswana's most ecologically diverse nature reserve.
Day 3 & 4: Okavango LagoonsView Lodge
Spend two nights in this incredible wonder of nature and embark on unforgettable game drives, bush walks, mokoro canoe trips and boat rides (depending on seasonal water conditions) in the untamed Okavango Delta in Botswana.
Day 5 & 6: Okavango Lagoons Revisited
Explore the wonders of the wilderness on walking safaris (guide dependent) and traverse the winding waterways of the Okavango Delta in a traditional mokoro canoe (if the water levels permit it.) The Khwai River Concession offers the unique opportunity to view wild game from the comfort of your own safari tent! Immerse yourself in the beauty of the region and visit the local community for a taste of authentic African culture. Enjoy evening game drives before incredible bush fare dinners and thrilling Night Drives for desert.
Day 7: Go Siame | FarewellThey time has come to say goodbye to the untamed beauty of Botswana. A road transfer will take you to the Machaba airstrip, where a light aircraft is waiting to take you to the airport at Maun. You will leave your last footprints in African soil and set off for home, taking a small part of the African continent with you in your heart.
Rates & Prices
- Scheduled flight from Johannesburg to Kasane in Botswana
- Scheduled flight from Maun returning to Johannesburg
- All road and light aircraft transfers between airports and lodges/camps
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Muchenje Lodge in Chobe
- 4 nights’ accommodation in the Okavango Delta at Mapula Lodge & Machaba Lodge
- All meals including breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- Select local branded drinks (bottled water, coffee & teas, soft drinks, beers, spirits and house wines)
- Morning and afternoon in open safari vehicles accompanied by experienced game rangers
- Night game drives giving you the opportunity to spot nocturnal wildlife with a spotlight
- Chobe River cruise
- Guided nature walks on nearby islands in the Okavango
- Mokoro and boat trips in the Okavango Delta (water levels dependent)
- Local community visit in Kasane/Chobe
- Light laundry service
- Park and conservation fees
- Premium branded drinks
- Optional activities, spa treatments and all other extras to be settled directly
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions