Botswana Wildlife Safari | Nxai Pan, Okavango Delta & Linyanti
Ideal for travelers wanting to see wildlife combined with an element of cultural interaction.
Botswana Wildlife Safari Experience
This Botswana safari tour offers you an opportunity to experience different sides of Botswana from the rugged beauty of the Kalahari Salt Pans to the lush wetland of the Okavango and Linyanti / Kwando River areas. This area of the Delta has many predators and some of the highest concentrations of elephant and zebra in winter.
See the contrast with the wetlands of the Okavango. Set out on guided game drives in search of wild dogs or go on tranquil Mokoro rides to explore the lagoons. Explore the Delta by boat and see the regions wonderful birdlife or try fishing for Tiger Fish. All the while, stay in luxury lodges and experience excellent service.
Botswana Wildlife Safari Highlights
- Fully inclusive safari package with flights, transfers, all meals, drinks and activities
- Stay in the game rich wildlife areas which are famous for its high concentration of wild dogs, giraffes, elephants and predators including lion, cheetah and leopard
- Witness zebra migration by the thousands (typically during December, January & February)
- See an abundant varieties of birdlife in the Delta
- Spot wildlife during guided open safari vehicle game drives
- Get a glimpse into the nocturnal bush during a night game drive with spot light
- Learn about the local San bushmen culture during guided walks
- Explore delta waterways and floodplains on a traditional dug-out canoe (mokoro)
- Glide along the Kwando River on a safari boat cruise
Day 1: Fly to Nxai Pan National ParkView Lodge
The air transfer arrives in time for lunch and you will have time to settle in before going on a game drive to explore the surrounding area.
See the amazing desert wildlife such as gemsbok, springbok and Kalahari lions, which have adapted to life in this harsh environment.
The Nxai Park National Park biggest draw is the migration of thousands of zebras. Stop off in a scenic spot for refreshing sundowners before returning to the lodge for a sumptuous dinner under the stars.
Day 2: Discover the Kalahari Salt PansView Lodge
This may be a game drive or a walk with a local San bushmen who will tell you about their culture and show you how they have survived in this harsh environment for thousands of years.
In the evening learn about the stars and African mythology associated with the heavens.
Day 3: Fly into the Okavango DeltaView Lodge
You will arrive in time for a late lunch and explore the camp.
Set out to explore the scenic reed-fringed waterways in a traditional long boat called a mokoro. Slipping silently through the Delta waterways you will see amazing birdlife and animals such as Lechwe and Impala and Wildebeest.
Days 4 - 5: Explore the Okavango Delta waterwaysView Lodge
In the afternoon head out on a game drive to see the regions abundant wildlife such as wildebeest, reedbuck and predators such as lion, cheetah and if you are lucky a glimpse of the endangered wild dogs.
These game drives may extend into the evening after sundowners so that you can see the areas nocturnal animals.
Days 5 - 6: Amazing Game ViewingView Lodge
After settling into camp there will be a game viewing activity - either a game drive or boating excursion along the Kwando River.
The next two days will be spent exploring the area in the company of an experienced guide. In this region of the Okavango Delta, you can see giraffe, kudu, elephants and buffalo.
During the winter months, large herds of elephant and zebra pass through. You will also go on boating trips and see fantastic birdlife, hippo and crocodile.
Day 7: Farewell to BotswanaThere will be time for one last game viewing activity before breakfast before you catch a light air-craft flight to Kasane.
From there you will catch an international flight back to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo International Airport.
- Return scheduled flights from/to Johannesburg and Maun
- Road and light aircraft transfers between Maun and safari lodges/camps
- All meals and snacks
- All local and premium branded drinks including teas and coffees, bottled water, fruit juices, soft drinks, spirits, beers and wines
- Day and night game drives in open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced rangers and trackers
- Nature walks offering you an intimate encounter with nature and wildlife
- Relaxing double decker boat cruises along the river and lagoons
- Traditional dug-out canoe excursions through the delta waterways and floodplains (mokoro)
- Guided walks with a SAN bushman trackers who will teach you about how the SAN people used to live, hunt, gather food, source water and which plants were used for medicinal purposes
- Fishing on a catch and release basis (March - December only)
- Daily laundry service
- Park fees and medical evacuation cover
- All optional extras not mentioned to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions