This 7 day Predator Safari is, a fly-in package showcasing wilderness areas and safari lodges renowned for their resident prides and big cat experiences.
Cats of Okavango & Linyanti: Predator Safari
This Predator safari tour offers the opportunity to view some of the best predator interaction in Africa. On your fly-in safari, you will discover the unique beauty of the Northern regions of Botswana.
Read about the Lions of The North
Areas such as Linyanti and the South Western Plains of the Okavango provide plenty of game, which in turn ensures a strong predator population. You will enjoy exciting game viewing activities and classic accommodation in the wilderness on this Botswana holiday.
These remarkable areas are explored on game drives, night drives and safari walks. Your experienced guides will share their knowledge and passion for this area with you. Under their guidance, you will come away with unforgettable images of wildlife interactions.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Maun - Okavango Delta
Upon arrival in Maun, light aircraft will transfer you to your bush camp in the South Western floodplains of the Okavango where you will spend the next 2 nights.
The South Western floodplains provide some of the most dramatic wildlife interactions in Africa. You will arrive in time for an afternoon activity.
Day 2: Okavango Delta
You will explore the area on game drives, night drives and exciting safari walks. Your guides know the area intimately and will share all their knowledge with you whilst looking for the best wildlife sightings.
Your days start early in the morning when you head out on your activities in what can easily be described as Eden's blueprint, so beautiful is this area.
Day 3 - 4: Okavango Delta
Today you will enjoy the last activity on the South Western floodplains of the Okavango before heading north in a light aircraft. You will be flying over the heart of the Okavango Delta to your bush camp on the northern extremities of the Delta where you will spend the next 2 nights.
The area is renowned for its Lion and Buffalo interaction, with dramatic documentaries having been filmed there. Activities revolve around night drives and game drives where your safari guides will strive to give you the best wildlife interaction possible.
Whilst here the timetable of your day is not set in stone, it depends on the activity of the predators. If the lions are hunting you will stay with them and the itinerary will be altered accordingly.
Day 5 - 6: Linyanti
Today is a relatively short flight to the Linyanti region for your next 2 nights stay where you will enjoy night drives and game drives in a region renowned for its wildlife, and in particular predators. This area was once regarded solely as a trophy-hunting region but is now regaining its reputation as a prominent wildlife destination.
The game viewing in the Linyanti area is nothing short of spectacular and knowledgeable guides will ensure you the best possible experience. During the dry months, huge numbers of animals concentrate on the river and in the wet season, the game spreads out but is still seen in numbers.
Day 7: Linyanti - Maun
Today there will be time for the last activity before your flight back to Maun to connect with your international flight to Johannesburg or Victoria Falls.
- Round trip flights from/to Johannesburg and Maun
- Light aircraft and road transfers from/to airport to camps
- 6 nights accommodation in small and intimate camps in Okavango Delta and Linyanti
- All meals and snacks
- Local branded drinks including bottled water, tea and coffee, soft drinks, beers, wines and spirits
- Morning game drives in open safari vehicles guided by qualified tracker and guide in Okavango Delta and Linyanti
- Afternoon game drives that finish after dark, giving you the opportunity to spot nocturnal predators and other wildlife with a spotlight
- Water based activities including mokoro canoe excursions and boating excursions to navigate the Delta waterways
- Seasonal fishing on a catch and release basis
- Nature Walks with armed and qualified guide to track big game on foot (on request and subject to guide availability)
- Laundry service
- Park fees
- Premium branded drinks, imported wines and champagne
- Optional activities not mented and all other extras to be settled direct
All water based activities are seasonal and are water level dependent and therefore cannot be guaranteed. If the water levels continue to drop, motorboat mokoro activities may not be possible.