Guided Safari Tour Botswana | Okavango Delta & Chobe Trail
Okavango Delta & Chobe Trail Experience
In just 8-days you will discover the wonders of the rugged African bush, as you travel to 3 countries to experience Okavango Delta, Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls. Your adventure truck will take you through an epic journey pass game parks, villages and dusty cities. Bond with other guests as you prepare meals and embark on this epic journey together.
Experience tribal dancing and enjoy a lovely evening around the campfire, listening to the stories of the San people. Get lost in a world of serenity as you cruise through the Okavango Delta on a traditional mokoro boat in hopes of seeing a diversity of wildlife. Venture on action-packed game drives in the Chobe National Park. Witness the mighty Victoria Falls and discover the many ways to admire its beauty.
Okavango Delta & Chobe Trail Highlights
- Countries visited include Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
- Affordable way to see Botswana
- Choice between accommodated and tented
- Safety of group travel
- Go on a desert walks with local San Bushmen
- Explore the Delta on a dug-out canoe and on a guided walk
- Cruise the Chobe River
- Experience a thrilling game drive in Chobe National Park
- Optional adventures activities in Victoria Falls
Day 1: Johannesburg to Kalahari Gateway
Expect border formalities before continuing to the Trans-Kalahari to your overnight stop. After a long day of travelling, enjoy a slumber in the small village of Kang. (Lunch and dinner included)
Day 2: Gateway to Okavango DeltaToday you will learn all about the San people and how they have survived in the harshest weather conditions over the years. Slap on some sunblock as you journey on an optional desert walk with knowledgeable San guides.
Pack light - a small daypack or overnight bag - before you venture to the banks of the Okavango River for your excursion in the Delta. Due to space restrictions at the camp, your guide will advise you on what to pack for your Delta tour.
Day 3: Okavango Delta
If you are lucky you might get a glimpse of elephant, buffalo, hippo, lechwe, wildebeest, giraffe, lion, cheetah and crocodile. Sail on a dugout boat into the heart of the Delta and and absorb peace and tranquility, as you admire the wonderful bird sightings.
Day 4: Explore the Delta waterwaysSpend the afternoon cruising through the channels of the Okavango Delta on a mokoro ride and witness prolific wildlife flock to the riverbanks for a sip of water. Spot the colourful birds soaring in the African skies on a boat cruise and keep an eye open for howling hippo.
If you want a closer glimpse of the bush, track creatures great and small on guided walking safaris in this magnificent natural wonder.
Day 5: Travel to the Caprivi RegionSay goodbye to the Delta and re-enter Namibia as you travel through the Caprivi Strip. Today you will travel through game parks so enjoy the views from your window and if your are lucky, you might even get a thrill out of a wildlife sighting or two.
Your overnight stop is a short drive from the Botswana border, enjoy a slumber and prepare yourself for the next day’s adventures in Chobe.
Day 6: Game drive Chobe National Park
Give your legs a stretch and enjoy lunch before you embark on yet another exciting adventure - a thrilling 4x4 game drive of Chobe National Park.
The perfect end to the day starts with late afternoon sipping sundowners on a boat cruise and end of the day with a meal around a crackling fire.
Day 7: Thrilling Victoria Falls
Spend the day exploring Victoria Falls the way you want to - visiting the craft markets, enjoying a cup of coffee at a cafe,or get the adrenaline pumping on bungee jumping experiences.
You have the option of dining out for dinner, ask your guide for recommendations that will suit your taste.
Day 8: Victoria Falls and onwardsOn the last day of your tour you can choose to enjoy the day at your own leisure. Optional activities to explore Victoria Falls include bungee jumping, white water rafting, helicopter flights of the falls, and sunset cruises of the Zambezi River.
Rates & Prices
- Transport in an overland adventure vehicle for the 9 days
- Experienced english speaking tour guides
- Activity Package which includes: Bush walk with San guides, Okavango Delta excursion, Chobe National Park game drive, Chobe National Park boat cruise, Victoria Falls National Park Entry Fee
- Meals (Breakfast x 7 / Lunch x 7 / Dinner x 6) unless otherwise specified, all meals are prepared and served at the truck
- Cultural San evening dance performance
- Shared accommodation OR shared tents
- Assist your safari team by participating in preparing the meals and doing some light chores
- All drinks, snacks and meals not mentioned
- Optional activities and all items of a personal nature
- Entrance fees (unless mentioned above)
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions