Northern Explorer | Okavango, Moremi, Savute, Chobe & Vic Falls Camping Safari Tour
Accommodation: Tented mobile accommodation
Activities: Morning and afternoon game drives, mokoro safaris
Destinations: Maun, Okavango Delta, Khwai and Savute
Seasonal: All year round, best time is the dry season from June to October
Northern Explorer Mobile Safari Experience
This safari holiday package combines the best of Northern Botswana that is an absolute must. Travel through Botswana at a leisurely pace - there is no rush to get through the game parks and nature reserves. Spend 4 nights at one bush camp before moving on to the next highlight.
Slumber on the banks of the Khwai River and lose yourself in the sights and sounds of your beautiful surroundings. Track predators in abundance on action-packed game drives in Savute. Enjoy hearty meals around the campfire. Witness the enchanting sunrise and sunset over picture-perfect vistas. Immerse yourself in the African bush and create everlasting memories.
Day 1: MaunWelcome to Botswana! Your 10-Day Safari starts today you, as soon as you arrive in Maun via air. You will overnight in this Botswana town located on Thamalakane River, where most epic Botswana safaris start. Enjoy a peaceful night's sleep and prepare for the adventure ahead.
Day 2 - 5: Maun - Okavango DeltaToday you will board a light aircraft to your Odballs' accommodation. The staff has already set up camp and are waiting on your arrival. Meet with the rest of the guests and staff around the campfire and unwind over drinks. Gather in the dining tent for a delicious, wholesome meal.
Embark on epic explorations of your beautiful lush surroundings on mokoro trail safaris. A professional guide will lead you on this daily adventure.Your journey will take you to the village of Sedibane - the last redoubt of the indigenous baYei people. Observe as the local women of the village weave baskets and watch as the villagers go about their daily lives.
Day 6 - 7: Okavango Delta - KhwaiFly in to your Khwai for a few peaceful nights at your mobile camp and to continue your adventure. Your scenic flight in a light aircraft will take you over diverse landscapes. Your mobile camp is set up on the banks of the Khwai River and awaits on your arrival.
Discover the secrets hidden in he mopani forests and the riverine woodland. Wake up early in the morning and set off into the bush for a game drive. Have your morning coffee or tea and nibbles around the campfire. Embark on unforgettable game viewing activities with an expert guide to track game flocking in abundance.
Day 8 - 9: Khwai - SavutiAfter breakfast you will depart for Savuti, which is a 5 hour drive. En route you can stop to have a lovely picnic and enjoy the ever changing landscapes. Watch predators roam in abundance at this premier wildlife viewing destination. Your afternoon safaris departs after tea, and gives the opportunity to watch predators chase after other fauna.
Make sure you have your camera with you to capture the incredible wildlife sightings and the exquisite vistas. Venture out into the bush every morning and afternoon to immerse yourself in the wonderful game. Retire to camp for a lovely bush dinner and cosy slumber in your Meru-style tents.
Day 10: Savuti to Chobe RiverView Lodge
Rates & PricesThis Botswana package is based on a 10 day mobile camping safari tour from Maun to Chobe combined with a 3 day visit at Victoria Falls or Livingstone. The package includes scheduled flights ex/to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport.
Rates may vary depending on the season and daily currency exchange rate.
Option 1 : Mobile Camping Safari & Victoria Falls
- Return flights Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport per scheduled departure
- The Mobile Safari includes: Comfortable tented accommodation with bed linen and a private bathroom en-suite, services of a professional guide, safari chef and camp assistance
- Complete with a supply vehicle, game drives and local transfers in customised safari vehicles
- Camping in private campsites within the national parks and game reserves
- Entrance fees and drinks (mineral water, soft drinks, beer, wine), boat cruise, guided walks
- Stay at Victoria Falls includes: One-way road transfer from Chobe to Victoria Falls
- 2 nights accommodation at Victoria Falls in a Classic Camp
- Fully inclusive all meals, drinks (excluding premium brands), complimentary mini bars in the rooms
- Meeting the Elephants
- Return Victoria Falls Airport transfers and 2 transfers to Victoria Falls town per day
- Laundry and Emergency Medical Evacuation cover
- VAT and levies for Botswana and Victoria Falls
- Optional safari extensions and activities at Victoria Falls
- Any beverages at the hotels / lodges at Victoria Falls
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions