Day 1: Johannesburg - Okavango Delta
You will be met on arrival in Maun, gateway to the Okavango delta, transferred by a light aircraft to your bush camp. The flight takes about 30 minutes, and it is a great way to take in the beautiful landscape of the exotic Delta below with its many different channels, and islands.
After a light lunch, you will have time to relax and settle into camp before a lovely high tea after which you will be taken to meet the Elephants. You will go on a short game viewing expedition either on the Elephants or in a game viewing vehicle. Highly experienced guides who will help you spot animals such as Buffalo and Blue Wildebeest conduct these.
You will return to your luxury safari camp in time for refreshing sundowners around the campfire, followed by a delicious dinner, which is often served, on the main deck. Go to sleep surrounded by the sounds of the African night.
Day 2: Okavango Delta
The day starts with a morning Elephant ride. This is usually the preferred morning activity. Sometimes you will return to the camp in time for lunch, otherwise you will ride out to a picnic spot on one of the islands for a late brunch followed by a siesta under the shade of tall palm trees.
The Elephants are set free to browse the palm islands before being called back for the return to camp. This is a relaxing late afternoon ride during which you can see animals such as Lion and Hippo as well as many bird species such as Saddle-Billed Storks. Alternatively, game drives can be done in 4x4 vehicles.
Day 3: Okavango - Maun - Johannesburg
When the annual flood arrives, you might set off to explore the serene Delta channels in a traditional Mokoro (canoe). This allows you to explore the wetter areas of the concession and see the beautiful palm Islands.
In the evening sundowners may be served on the main deck, or perhaps you will drive out to where a beautifully laid table awaits, and the chef has conjured up a magnificent bush dinner. After dinner under the stars, you can also go on a night drive with a spotlight to spot the nocturnal Delta inhabitants.
Rates & Prices
This premium package is based on a 3 day fly-in safari to Maun and the Okavango Delta for 2 guests sharing in en-suite accommodation, all inclusive with schedule flights ex/to Johannesburg O.R. Tambo Airport.
Rates may vary depending on the season and daily currency exchange rate.
- Return flight Johannesburg per scheduled departure
- Scheduled charter flight ex/to Maun Airport
- 2 nights accommodation
- All meals & drinks (exception premium brands, imported wines, champagne, spirits and liqueurs)
- Laundry service
- Scheduled camp activities
- Landing fee and departure tax light aircraft
- Elephant back Safari & interaction: Walk with the elephants, physically interact with the herd, participate in or just observe activities such as mud bathing, training and veterinary care, engage in elephant-back safaris, view wildlife from the back of an elephant, discuss elephant conservation and care with local researchers, gain insightful interpretation of elephant behaviour
- Flight tax and airport tax
- Premium brands, imported wines, champagne, spirits and liqueurs
Price list for Ultimate Elephant Back Safari | Premier Okavango Getaway
3 Day Package: Fly-In Option
Prices are per person sharing
|2015-04-01 to 2015-05-31
|2015-06-01 to 2015-10-31
|2015-11-01 to 2016-01-10