Classic Self-drive through Moremi, Savute & Chobe
This classic Botswana self-drive safari experience takes in the best areas including Moremi, Savute and Chobe providing a memorable African safari experience. You can discover the beauty and diversity of this unique destination along the way.
The self-drive safari allows for the freedom of travelling in your own vehicle whilst experiencing the comfort of safari lodges. Look forward to a warm welcome at the end of each journey on this Botswana tour.
This self-drive package provides opportunities to view wildlife on game drives, night drives, boat cruises and nature walks. It is the perfect all-round Botswana self-drive safari for those wanting a little luxury but preferring the idea of going alone.
Day 1: Johannesburg - Maun
Upon arrival in Maun you will head to the game lodge where you will spend the night. This afternoon you will have the option of doing a scenic flight over the Okavango Delta or a trip in a dugout canoe (Mokoro), water levels permitting. Explore the beautiful water lily covered lagoons and papyrus fringed channels of the Delta. These Mokoro trips are a wonderful way to go game viewing, as you can closely approach animals such as Elephants and Zebra without disturbing them.
Day 2 3: Okavango
After breakfast you will head north towards the Moremi Game reserve. The road will take you through scrub, forests and dry floodplains. You spend 2 nights here and you will explore the area on game drives, night drives and bush walks.
The bush lodge is situated within a short drive of Moremi Game Reserve and Savute, both of which can be accessed upon request from this lodge.
Day 4 5: Savute
Today you head North across the Mababe Depression to a safari lodge in the hills of Savute. The lodge overlooks the fast Savute area and is in a relatively private part of Savute. Game drives will allow you to experience the Savute Marsh and the Channel.
Savute is known for its wildlife and in particular predators and the lodge is in the perfect position to access the best of the area.
Day 6: Chobe
Heading north to the Chobe River you will spend the next 2 nights, perfectly situated on the banks of this beautiful river. From here you will experience the legendary Chobe on game drives, boat trips, Sundowner cruises and nature walks. The safari lodge is also in the perfect position to access the Victoria Falls on a morning activity.
Day 7: Chobe Kasane - Johannesburg
This morning your self-drive will end at Kasane Airport, where you will drop-off the vehicle, after which you fly back to Johannesburg.
You may decide to extend your stay in the Chobe as there is so much to do and see.
Price list for Classic Self-drive: Moremi Savute & Chobe Self-Drive Safari Package
Package Price Per Person Sharing
|2013-04-02 to 2013-06-30
|2013-07-01 to 2013-10-31
|2013-11-01 to 2013-11-30
|2013-12-01 to 2013-12-15
Classic Self-drive Safari - Moremi, Savute, Chobe
This 7 day classic self-drive is calculated for 2 guests in a 4x4 car rental and in an en-suite accommodation sharing, with scheduled flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Rates are valid for 2012 / 2013 but may vary depending on the season and daily currency exchange rate.
- Flights Johannesburg Maun per schedule departure
- Flight Kasane Johannesburg per schedule departure
- 7 days Car rental, category L 4x4 Toyota Double Cab or similar
- Pick-up car rental Maun Airport and drop-off Kasane Airport
- Unlimited km car rental and super cover insurance car hire
- 1 overnight at Maun in a chalet on a bed & breakfast basis
- 2 overnights at Moremi in a luxury tent on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis
- 2 overnights at Savute in a chalet en-suite on fully inclusive meals and activities per day
- 1 overnight in Chobe area in a chalet on a fully inclusive 3 meals per day
- Scheduled activities and laundry service
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Flight tax and airport tax
- Car rental fuel, one-way fee, contract fee and additional driver fee
- Optional activities
- Visa fees
- Premium brands, imported wines, champagne, spirits and liqueurs
- Any gratuities and personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance