Chobe to Okavango Delta | Self-Drive Botswana Safari Tour
Self-drive Botswana Safari Experience
Set out and explore as you cross the borders to drive from camp to camp and lose yourself in the exquisite Botswana scenery. Rest your head at cosy safari lodges in between action-packed safaris.
Venture on thrilling bush drives to track predators, antelope and other roamers. Experience the bush on foot on guided walking safaris. Sail off into the sunset on magical boat cruises of Chobe River, glide through the lily studded Delta waterways and witness a diversity of wildlife.
Self-drive Botswana Safari Highlights
- Visit Chobe National Park, Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, Makgadikgadi Pans in the Kalahari, Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta
- Good road conditions that are well sign posted
- Travel and explore at your own pace with a 4x4 vehicle with gps and satellite phone
- Cruise the Chobe River during sunset
- Explore the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Go on thrilling game drives in Chobe National Park
- Glide along the Delta waterways in a traditional dug-out canoe
- Fly over the Okavango Delta waterways
- See the Victoria Falls from the sky (optional)
Day 1: Pick up car rental in KasaneView Lodge
After a long journey, relax and unwind with a cold drink and freshen up for the adventures you are about to experience. Set off on a action-packed game drive and celebrate your first night on your self-drive Botswana safari tour with sundowner drinks in a scenic location.
Day 2 & 3: Explore Chobe National ParkView Lodge
Afternoons are spent on tranquil river cruises on the Chobe River in Botswana. Take delight in the trumpeting sounds of elephant and watch as large herds of these majestic creatures come for a drink at the banks of the Chobe River.
Day 4 & 5: Discover Victoria FallsTuck into a wholesome breakfast and set off for a scenic journey to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. On your journey you will encounter wild game and observe how the locals go by their everyday lives. After a long day of travelling relax and unwind at your Victoria Falls accommodation. Spend the day at leisure and take a dip into the crystal clear swimming pool. Many exciting optional adventures await for you to take delight in.
Thrill-seekers can embark on white water rafting, bungee jumping, canoeing safaris, and a helicopter flight over the exquisite Victoria Falls. A wildlife adventure of a lifetime can be experienced on boat cruises of the Zambezi River, unforgettable elephant excursions, guided walking safaris and action-packed game drives.
Distance approx. 100km - driving time approx. 2-3 hours (Border Crossing into Zimbabwe)
Day 6 & 7: Visit the Makgadikgadi Salt PansView Lodge
The highlight of your stay is a guided excursion of the Salt Pans. Make sure to bring your camera along to capture the unique beauty of this salty desert on an adventure-filled afternoon. Nata is a birders paradise and you can enjoy sightings of Helmeted Guineafowl, Crested Francolin, Yellow Hornbill, Pied and Arrowmarked Babblers are among the birds that soar the skies.
Distance approx. 320km - driving time approx. 5 - 6 hours
Day 8 & 9: Fly into the Okavango DeltaView Lodge
Your last few days in the African wilderness is dedicated to relax and soaking up the ambiance in the diverse Moremi Game Reserve. Discover the hidden secrets of the African bush on a leisurely mokoro cruise and witness of a profusion of birds, and feel the thrill as you encounter hippo. Motor boat safaris in the afternoon are ideal for witnessing the majestic African sunset. Dose off as the nocturnal choir sends you off into a deep sleep.
Distance approx. 300km - driving time approx. 3 - 4 hours
Day 10: Farewell to BotswanaThe time has come to say goodbye. Enjoy a hearty meal and a last opportunity to take photos of the African wilderness. Catch a final glimpse of Moremi Game Reserve and Okavango Delta from the window of your light aircraft en route to Maun.
Rates & Prices
- 8 days’ Botswana car rental with premium insurance, gps and satellite phone hire
- Light aircraft transfer from Maun to/from Okavango Delta
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Chobe Safari Lodge (with breakfast, dinner and daily activities)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at A’Zambezi River Lodge (with breakfast daily)
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Nata Lodge (with breakfast and dinner daily)
- 2 nights’ accommodation Moremi Crossing in the Okavango Delta (with breakfast, lunch, dinner, locals drinks and daily activities)
- Boat safari cruise along Chobe River (one shared and one private cruise)
- Chobe National Park guided game drive in 9 seater game viewing vehicle (two per stay at Chobe Safari lodge)
- Guided Salt Pan drive via the Nata Bird Sanctuary (3 hours)
- 2 hours fishing or Namibian village walk (one per stay at Chobe Safari Lodge)
- ‘Mokoro’ canoe excursions, bush walks, boat cruises and fishing at Moremi Crossing
- Drinks and meals not mentioned above
- Park and entrance fees
- Optional activities and extras to be settled direct
Rates / Prices
Enquiries / Questions