Rra Dinare Camp (Setswana for "Father of many buffalo") is ideally located on a private concession which borders the Moremi Game Reserve, on the southern side of Okavango Delta. It also overlooks the Gomoti River and its natural floodplains, which constantly nourish this fertile habitat.
Rra Dinare Camp Experience
Game viewing is rich all year and when you visit Rra Dinare Camp, expect to witness elephants, buffalo, hippo, lechwe, giraffe tsessebe, lechwe and other antelope species grazing on the rich grasses, while leopard, lion, wild dog and cheetah are never too far behind. Game drives and mokoro rides are the perfect activities to fully engage with this this beautiful area, while your Okavango Delta accommodation at Rra Dinare Camp will not disappoint.
Here, stilted tents are raised above the water, encouraging panoramic views of the Gomoti River flood plains. This ‘treehouse’ glamping experience at Rra Dinare features meandering bridged walkways to the main thatched boma area, which contains a lounge, perfect for unwinding between activities; a swimming pool to cool down in, and an inviting bar for customary sundowners.
Overall Rra Dinare Camp features a simple, traditional safari theme with understated decor, and subtle African furnishings in the interiors.
Why We Love it and You Will Too
- A built-in fireplace on the main wooden balcony creates the a perfect ambience for storytelling under the African night sky.
- Close to Okavango, Moremi, and overlooking the Gomoti River, this location will reward you with enchanting views which you can experience from your raised treehouse tents.
- Watch animals visiting the permanent watering hole – kudu, wildebeest, springbok, lion, cheetah, jackal, warthog and hundreds of birds.
- Take it easy after lunch and cool off in the pool with an impressive view over the Gomoti River, or arrange for the lodge's masseuse to administer some added spa therapy.
- Max out on time in the bush with both day and night game drives in the 270 square-kilometre (67,000-acre) private concession.
- During the flood season a boat ride on the Gomoti River is a must. From here you can experience an unusual take on the animals. Come eye-to-eye with a wading buffalo, malachite kingfishers perched in the drooping reeds and witness elephants bathe and play.
Your Okavango Delta Accommodation
Rra Dinare offers 8 luxury tents dotted along the river and floodplain. For added intimacy they are generously set apart while offering spectacular views of the surrounding bush. Each rustic tent features an en-suite bathroom, a spacious lounge area and private veranda- ideal for ‘armchair’ nature gazing.
Classic furnishings and decor create a home-away-from-home feeling. These authentic tents strike just the right balance between hotel comfort and safari simplicity, paired with warm, down-to-earth African hospitality.
Rra Dinare Island Activities
There is daily schedule of activities at Rra Dinare, with a focus on day and night 4x4 game drives which are conducted with a maximum of 6 passengers, ensuring everyone has an optimal game viewing
and photographing experience.
Depending on the season, you can head off on guided walks with experienced tracker-guides or opt for traditional mokoro or thrilling motorboat excursions, including a spot of fishing. Avid birders can look out for rare Pel’s fishing-owl, African skimmer, greater swamp warbler, wattled crane, bateleurs, vivid kingfishers and many more.
Rra Dinare Camp Location
Rra Dinare is set adjacent to the Moremi Game reserve on south eastern side of the Okavngo Delta, overlooking the Gomoti River. An airstrip services this camp and is approximately 20 minutes away by road transfer. A chartered flight from Maun takes approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes from the town of Kasane in Botswana.