Deluxe Self-drive through Moremi, Savute & Chobe
This Self-drive holiday through Botswana provides the ultimate safari experience in Africa. You can enjoy spectacular scenery and incredible wildlife viewing through Moremi, Savute and Chobe which this safari tour showcases.
Although the self-drive option is a big attraction for many people the camping often keeps people away. On this Deluxe Botswana Self-Drive Safari the sense of adventure is combined with luxury.
Experiencing the adventure of the roads in your own vehicle does not have to mean that you need to rough it with the accommodation. This wonderful Botswana self-drive safari allows you to experience the superior luxury and service of a five-star lodge.
Day 1: Maun
The game lodge in Maun is situated on a private piece of land where wildlife wanders freely. It is the ideal place to begin your Deluxe Botswana Self-Drive holiday. In Maun you can fill up your fuel tanks and stock up on any essentials you may need for your journey.
Day 2-3: Moremi / Okavango
Today you leave Maun and head into the legendary northern wilderness of Botswana. The route takes you through some interesting terrain. There is always the chance of seeing some spectacular wildlife interactions en-route. The road takes you through the Moremi Game Reserve up onto the Khwai River where the game lodge is situated.
During your 2 night stay you will explore the wilderness of the Khwai River. The Khwai is the northernmost overflow of the Okavango Delta and is a haven for wildlife in the dry season.
Day 4 -5: Savute
After breakfast you will leave the floodplains of the Khwai River and head north to Savute where you will spend 2 nights on the Savute Channel. The route from Khwai to Savute takes you through more dramatic wilderness with opportunities of viewing wildlife.
The Savute Channel has a very interesting history. It has been known to dry up for lengthy periods and then flow again for an undisclosed time. The Savute is in a period of flood at this time and you can view animals coming down to drink from the comfort of your room. During your stay in Savute you will explore this legendary area in your own vehicle or with a guide from the game lodge.
Day 6: Chobe
Today the road takes us north to the Chobe River, home to Africa's greatest Elephant herds and other spectacular wildlife. The route today is known to be very bad in places with a lot of sand. The safari lodge is situated on the Ridge overlooking the floodplains of the Chobe River. During the 2 night stay here you will visit the Chobe National Park on game drives and boat trips on the river.
Day 7: Chobe – Kasane - Johannesburg
On the last morning you may end your Botswana tour with a game activity before flying back to Johannesburg or heading out to Victoria Falls.
Price list for Deluxe Botswana Self-drive Safari Package
7 Day Package: Self-Drive
|2013-06-15 to 2013-10-31
|2013-11-01 to 2013-12-15
Deluxe Self-drive Safari through Moremi and Savute to Chobe
This 7 day classic self-drive holiday is calculated for 2 guests in a 4x4 car rental and in en-suite accommodations sharing, with scheduled flights ex/to Johannesburg.
Rates are valid for 2012 / 2013 but may vary depending on the season and daily currency exchange rate.
- Flights ex/to Johannesburg
- 7 days Car rental, category L – 4x4 Toyota Double Cab or similar
- Pick-up car rental Maun Airport and drop-off Kasane Airport
- Unlimited km car rental and super cover insurance car hire
- 1 overnight at Maun in a double room, fully inclusive of meals and fine wine with dinner
- 2 overnights at Moremi in a luxury tent on an all inclusive basis with meals, drinks – premium branded spirits and wines (excluding imported champagne), laundry service and 2 game activities daily
- 2 overnights at Savute in a luxury air-conditioned tent on a fully inclusive basis with meals and 2 activities per day and laundry service
- 1 overnight at Chobe in a luxury room all inclusive with meals, all game viewing activities , laundry service , beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Flight tax and airport tax
- Car rental fuel, one-way fee, contract fee and additional driver fee
- Visa fees
- Premium brands, imported wines, champagne, spirits and liqueurs
- Optional activities
- Any gratuities and personal expenses
- Personal travel insurance